Cyber Attack, Don’t Panic! How to handle the situation should you become a victim
What would you do if your business was the victim of cyber-attack? How would you handle the situation? The BBC’s Technology correspondent Mark Ward recently published a great article describing what it could be like to be a victim of a rogue cyber-attack.
It’s essential reading for small businesses (read it in full here), because of how it addresses the typical real-life scenario of events that play out following a serious data breach and highlights how easy it is for businesses without a robust IT security strategy in place to become victims.
Steps To Take
At Dragon IS, we can protect your organisation and data from such an attack with a robust IT security plan which includes:
- A step-by-step data breach plan
- Allocated roles and responsibilities for designated employees
- Ensuring all employees are familiar with the plan, updates and contact persons
- Training of employees – so they can identify threats
- Methodology to collect evidence for the Information Commissioner when the breach is reported
- A Cyber-insurance provider is engaged by the client
How Dragon IS Keep You Secure
Should one of our clients experience such a data breach, as the Managed Service Provider we will:
- Investigate and identify where the demand/ransomware came from
- Ensure we contain infected devices and get them offline
- Immediately assess the machines that have been affected
- Work with the client to restore lost data from back-ups
- Work with the client to inform customers if their data has been compromised
- Have a plan in place to ensure this doesn’t happen again.